Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Skinny Pepperoni Bread Roll


This is a fun recipe to serve as a appetizer when you are entertaining.  Make the dough recipe ahead of time to make things even easier.  It looks so fancy sliced up on a platter around a bowl of marina sauce.  The kids love it as much as the adults, which is always a plus!  I adapted this recipe from a Publix Apron's Simple Meals Recipe.

Skinny Pepperoni Bread Roll
Servings: 8 • Calories: 232 • Fat: 5g • Carbs: 37g • Fiber: 1.5g • WW Points:5


  Ingredients
  • Quick 'n Yummy Pizza Dough Recipe
  • 1 Tbsp Light Butter (I used Land O Lakes)
  • 2 Tbsp Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese Topping (I used Kraft)
  • 1/4 Cup Part Skim Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (I used Publix)
  • 34 Turkey Pepperoni Slices (I used Hormel)
  • Garlic Salt (Lawry's)
  • Marina sauce for dipping (optional and not included in nutritional count)

Preheat oven to 400°F. Place butter in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until butter melts.


Roll out pizza dough flat on work surface dusted lightly with flour.  Spread butter evenly over dough. Sprinkle evenly with remaining ingredients. 


Fold over one side of dough (about 2 inches wide) and gently pat down folded side. Continue to fold over until seam is on bottom. 


Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden. Let cool for a couple minutes.  Serve warm and sliced with your choice of dipping sauces! Mmm!  Recruit others to share this with so you do not eat it all!!!  :-D


1 comment:

  1. that looks so yummy...come check out my blog at amcneese.blogspot.comI have several good topics to chat about.while you are there please feel free to click on sign in and follow my blog...I would love for you to come by and visit.sign up,vote,just plain enjoy it. Your blog is great I really enjoy reading the recipes and I plan to try this one. Thanx and see you soon. Anna at amcneese.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete