Thursday, September 16, 2010

Moroccan Mahi Mahi and Couscous




Moroccan Couscous
(Recipe adapted from Woman's Day Magazine)
Servings: 4 • Calories: 193 • Fat: 2g • Carbs: 35g • Fiber: 3g • WW Points:3
Ingredients
  • 1 box Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil Wheat Couscous (Near East)
  • 1 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon


The first time i made couscous, I couldn't believe how easy it was!  It really is just as easy as making a Cup O Noodles soup!  Using a large microwave safe bowl, combine water, seasoning packet (inside couscous box), olive oil, cinnamon, and raisins.  Cook in the microwave for 5-6 minutes.  Remove from the microwave and immediately stir in the couscous.   Cover and set aside for at least 5 minutes.  Fluff with a fork immediately before serving.  (For me, I can barely tell the difference between wheat and regular couscous.  Its not like wheat pasta where it is obviously different.)

Moroccan Mahi Mahi
(Recipe adapted from Woman's Day Magazine)
Servings: 4 • Calories: 213 • Fat: 9g • Carbs: 11g • Fiber: 2g • WW Points:5
Ingredients
  • 1 lb mahi mahi (Or any other firm, mild white fish)
  • 4 tsp olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1 can (14 to 15 oz) diced tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place fish on a pan  and drizzle  with 2 tsp of olive oil.  Sprinkle with the pepper.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until fillets are cooked through. 


Heat remaining 2 tsp oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.  Add onion and cover.  Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender.  Add garlic, cumin, and cinnamon.  Cook for a couple of minutes until fragrant.  This is such an interesting combination of ingredients, isn't it? :D 



Stir in tomatoes and olives.




Simmer for 3 minutes for flavors to blend.  Spoon about 1/2 cup of sauce over each serving of fish.  Serve with couscous on the side.



Couscous on Foodista

9 comments:

  1. This looks great, very flavorful, but super healthy - love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see lately many Moroccan recipes on the net. I've been to Morocco and the flavors and aromas were so exotic and fullfeeling. I love your dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tomatoes and olives with the fish. I make something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!This looks so delicious.I saw your blog from the foodie blog roll and I like what you have here.if you won't mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget at the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOLD! This sounds and looks delicious! I will have to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful healthy meal. I would feel great serving this to my family. Thanks for sharing.

    Plan B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Mahi mahi is one of my favorite fish. This looks delicious. The flavors used here sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my... this looks utterly divine. I'll try it! Love couscous w/ raisins--and your spices. I can smell this from here...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and I love it!!! I love couscous too. The first time I made it I had to keep looking at the box to make sure I had read the directions right. I could not believe how easy it was!!!

    ReplyDelete